NORTH VANCOUVER FAMILY PHOTOS
CHRIS & NATASJA FAMILY PHOTOS
Who doesn’t start life loving family photography? We all grow up playing with our parent’s camera — tiny, enthusiastic, yet usually awful family photographers. When I turned 17, my love for photography turned into a passion. I got my first professional camera as a graduation present. I was instantly hooked. Living in beautiful North Vancouver only made the bug worse.
Many of us, myself included, do not particularly enjoy having our picture taken. As Photographers, we feel it is our job to change your perception of being in front of the camera. We are committed to creating a relaxed environment focused on having fun with the people you love. For some of us, we’re most comfortable at home. We’re happy to take your family photos at home or anywhere in our pristine backyard of North Vancouver.
With a background in Graphic Design, I love to find the art in a photograph. My beautiful wife, Natasja, is amazing at making your family photography experience fun. The fun comes first, and the naturalness & smiles quickly follow. We think the combination makes for some of the most gorgeous, spontaneous family photos captured. Each photograph is individually edited for a beautiful & timeless result – memories you are proud to hang on the wall for decades to come.
We promise to capture your precious loved ones just as you see them. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have and to book your family photography session. We look forward to meeting you and your family!
Chris & Natasja Mearns
DAYS ON THE ROAD
LOVE FROM OUR CLIENTS
The family photo session that we had with Chris and Natasja was a wonderful experience, we all felt very comfortable in front of the camera with their lighthearted demeanour and professional suggestions, and the photos turned out great!
We have always loved how beautifully natural and candid Chris and Natasja’s photos are. I have always been awkward in front of a camera and hated my picture being taken because I feel unnatural and posed, but Chris is so sneaky! We were just having a good time and he caught all the right and best moments with us barely noticing until it had already happened! Incredibly professional and relaxed. We loved the photos and would recommend them to anyone and everyone.
PRICING & DETAILS
- 1 hour session outdoors or in your home
- Up to 6 family members
- Additional family welcome at $25 /person
- 40+ artistically edited photos
- A beautiful online gallery:
- Share, download or print of all your photos at full resolution
Your family photography session includes all your edited high resolution family photos, delivered to you in a gorgeous online photo gallery. They’re yours to enjoy digitally, to share, to download and to print.
We’ve sourced the very best for our fine art print options — and kept them affordable.
You’ll find many beautiful print options available for purchase right from your online image gallery, easily shipped to your door.
HOW TO BOOK
- Contact us below with possible session dates and any questions you may have.
- We will get back to you to schedule the session and collect a 50% deposit to hold your spot (via Paypal or eInterac).
- The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable, but can be used toward a future session if you need to reschedule. Please note we require 48 hours advance notice to change your session date. Payment balance is due on the day of the photo shoot.
- We undestand that bad weather happens. If we get rained out on your session day we can take it indoors or reschedule – your choice.
HOW TO PREPARE
All family photography sessions are done on location – either in your home/backyard or at a beach, park, or other favorite spot. You are welcome to choose your preferred location in North Vancouver or West Vancouver or we are happy to suggest our favorites. We take into consideration the time of day, weather and season when deciding on the best location for your family photos session.
Here are some great spots on the North Shore to consider when we start planning your shoot. Maybe one of them strikes you.
Sessions will be in the later afternoon/evening (depending on time of year) or first thing in the morning, to take adavanatage of the best light of the day for photography. Pure magic! Please bring a neutral blanket to sit on.
The more natural light, the better. Expect us to hang out around your largest window. Choose a time of day when there is the most natural light in your home. Don’t forget to clean up! Clutter, even in the background, can ruin an otherwise great photograph.
WHAT TO DO
Most importantly, don’t practice poses or stress! We are going to have fun. Promise! Think of your family photography session as special time together – to play, giggle, be silly – just be your brand of normal. It is our job to create an environment where you feel relaxed and natural. We follow your cues and usually end up with a mixture of lightly posed and candid shots. So don’t worry. The session will unfold organically and the time will fly by.
WHAT TO WEAR
Whatever you want. We suggest wearing something you feel comfortable in and can move in. If you feel the best in jeans and a t-shirt, by alI means, go for it. Don’t feel any pressure to dress up or look “perfect”. Remember, the goal is to capture your family being themselves and having fun. Here are a few general guidelines:
- Avoid dressing too matchy, matchy. Wearing all the same color and style can look a little weird. Coordinating is good. What each of your family members are wearing should GO together, rather than identically match.
- Choose a classic look, rather than an overly trendy one. This will give a more timeless result to your family photos.
- Avoid large logos and graphics, busy patterns and colors that wash you out.
- Layers are always good! Layers can add dimension, texture and diversity to the shoot. Bring a cardigan or jacket, and a few favorite accessories: necklaces, belts, scarves, ect. This will give us some variety to play with.
- Dress for the weather and location. Nobody is happy if they are cold – especially kids. If it is freezing, bundle up! Pay attention to your footwear. If you are uncomfortable (think: hobbling around on stilletoes at the beach) you will be miserable and that will be hard to hide in your family photos.
Shine is the enemy to a good photo. Please avoid overly shimmery makeup, shiny or hard hair gels, and very shiny lip gloss. If you are prone to oily skin, bring blotting paper or apply a thin coat of transulent powder (guys too!).
Ladies, we suggest a matte finish lipstick in a tone complimentary to your skin tone. Please ensure you blend face makeup well, especially at the jaw line. Check out this great article for more tips on great makeup-for-photography.
Keep your look natural and a true representation of your gorgeous self. Don’t overthink it.
PLESASE FEEL FREE TO ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.